Monday 9 January 2012

Chocolate Confetti

One of my favorite types of square is Chocolate Confetti. I was going to make them for Christmas but wasn't feeling well, so today is the day to make a pan full. They probably won't make it until the weekend, as we all like them. I'm glad I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions in the way of dieting...or I'd be breaking it today.

You will need:

1/2 cup of margarine
1 cup of peanut butter
2 cups chocolate chips
8 - 10 cups miniature marshmallows (colored or white)

Directions:

  1. Melt margarine, peanut butter and chocolate chips together in a large saucepan over low heat until thoroughly combined and chocolate chips are melted.
  2. Set aside to cool until you can hold your hand on the bottom of the saucepan.
  3. Mix in miniature marshmallows until evenly coated. 
  4. Turn into a 9"X13" pan and cool. Cut into squares.
  5. Enjoy!
I made mine with 12 cups of marshmallows, but I think perhaps it is too many. It is a personal preference, but 8 - 10 cups works well.

I will not be baking anything tomorrow as I will be away, but perhaps Wednesday will be a good day for Magic Squares. What is your favorite type of square?

Until then, have a great day!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment