Wednesday 26 October 2011

Question Day

Good afternoon! Today is question day! Ask your questions about cooking, cleaning, laundry, pet care etc and I will do my best to answer them. If you want to know something about home-based business, I can help with that as well.

Yesterday my question on Facebook was "What is your least favorite household task?" I got answers such as dishes, laundry (because it's never-ending) and cleaning toilets. Someone even posted they disliked cleaning in general; all household tasks are their least favorite.

I agree cleaning the house can be daunting, especially when you spend hours cleaning; then turn around and it doesn't look like you did anything all day. This is especially true of families with small children. I can recall when my two were younger; I'd vacuum the living room, they'd pull out the toy box and it would be wall to wall toys. It can be very frustrating!

I found designating their rooms as play area worked for a little while, but they wanted to be where I was. The toys would eventually make their way out to the living room and kitchen, and I'd be back to square one. Instead of fighting it I let them have a few toys to play with in the kitchen and living room; on the condition they put them back when they were finished playing with them. If I tripped over a toy, then it got taken away for a little while. It may seem mean but it was a strategy that worked, especially with their favorites.

Now, what would you like to know about the art of homemaking?

No comments:

Post a Comment