Tuesday 15 November 2011

Where has 2011 gone?

It is hard to believe it is mid-way through November already! Where has 2011 gone?

This has been an exciting year for me, as I have been able to concentrate on writing my books as well as several articles. In addition to my series, I have been busy writing shorter eBooks as well. I recently published "Your First eBook" Course on Lulu and am currently working on a craft related book. (The title is not finalized yet, which is why all I am revealing so far is "craft related".)

It has also been a year of learning for me in more than one area of life. I have (and am still) learned about self-publishing, writing, marketing, blogging and staying on track. I have also learned about alpacas (we bought a small herd in June) and pot belly pigs (one joined our family in July). My experience with farm equipment maintenance and repair also increased this year, which is a good thing.

As I continue to write my series, I constantly make notes for the next books. Life has so much to give, and there is still so much to learn. I have learned most of what I know through trial and error (some of the errors are just downright funny, but more about those in the books), and life's experience is the best teacher. That is not to say a formal education is not important, because it is. However, some things just cannot be learned in books.

As I reflect on the past ten and a half months, I must say it has been a good year. Things have been a bit hectic at times, but we have gotten through. The only major catastrophe for me has been the motor going in my van just recently. I am afraid to find out cost to fix it; looks like we may become a one vehicle family for awhile. That will put a bit of a damper on things, but I will save money on gas. I will be home bound for the most part as my partner works full-time, but that too is not a bad thing. I don't care to drive in the winter anyhow, so my feelings aren't seriously hurt. I am not looking forward to not having the use of a vehicle though in case of an emergency. My sister told me I should just saddle up the horse when I need to go somewhere; don't think I want to make the 10 mile trek to town on horseback though.

Cooking 101 is in the final stages and is still scheduled for release on December 5. I am still interested in featuring a few more home-based businesses (cooking/baking related). If you or anyone you know would like to be featured, please let me know. Location is not an issue as these books will be available internationally. I look forward to helping anyone with an existing business increase awareness, as well as providing the information so others may make informed decisions on what is available.

Upcoming books will also feature existing home-based businesses; no matter your business, I will most likely be writing a book on something that it pertains to. Let me know what it is you do, and I will let you know where in the series it will be. The next book in the line-up is Cleaning, Storage and Decorating; date of publication TBA.

Have a great day all...it is time for me to take my son to his orthodontist appointment (thanks Dad for the use of your truck).

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment