Wednesday, 30 November 2011
For a variation of the traditional pizza, try this recipe. You will also find it in the Main Course section of my new book, Cooking 101, which will be released on Monday December 5, 2011.
You will need:
2 boxes of macaroni and cheese
1 tbsp prepared mustard (Honey Dijon is good too)
2 eggs, beaten
1 can pizza sauce
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 medium onion, sliced and separated
2 – 3 cups shredded cheese
1. Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
2. Add mustard and beaten eggs to the macaroni.
3. Spread macaroni mix into a greased 9X13 pan
4. Add the sauce, ground beef, onions and cheese.
5. Bake in a 350˚F oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and onions are tender.
6. Remove from the oven when done and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
7. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
As with any pizza, toppings may be mixed and matched. The possibilities are endless.
I added red peppers and green onions to the ground beef on this pizza. Half was made with the peppers and half without.
Enjoy and have a great day!