Friday 25 November 2011

Fingerless Gloves Pattern Available



The pattern for these gloves is now available. I was able to make them in a couple hours from some chunky acrylic yarn. I would recommend acrylic as the cotton yarn (dishcloth yarn) stretches out a bit too much for my liking.

I would appreciate some feedback on the clarity of the instructions from those who buy the pattern. I have crocheted for most of my life, so I tend to forget some steps a beginner may need. The size of the gloves can easily be adjusted by changing the size of the hook. This particular pair was made using a 4mm hook; switching it up to a 5mm will make the gloves just a bit bigger. The size may also be adjusted by the number of rows made. The instructions specify the adjustments possible.

My next project will be to make a pair of mittens; I will have to visit the local department store to stock up on some yarn. I have several balls of cotton yarn on hand, but not much in the line of acrylic yarn. I will be trying my hand at making a pair or three from alpaca yarn as well; but that may not be until next winter. We will be shearing our alpacas in the spring and I will have the fiber processed into yarn. My impatience may get the best of me and I will most likely order a few skeins from a fellow alpaca owner.

Along with making things to keep hands warm, I want to try my hand at making things to keep feet warm as well. For anyone who spends any amount of time outdoors in the winter, they know how important it is to keep feet warm and dry. Alpaca yarn is supposed to be one of the best for socks. I have yet to try it myself but I will be keeping you updated on my findings. For anyone wanting to try crocheting with alpaca yarn, please visit A to Z Alpacas. They also have a great tutorial online for making felted insoles.

I have also made the "7 Quick Household Tips" available for download. Please click on the link on the left side to get yours today!

Have a great weekend!

Diane




No comments:

Post a Comment