Monday 19 December 2011

Last Minute Gift Ideas

We are in the final stretch before Christmas! Where has the month gone? I am like many others and not finished my shopping yet. My goal is to finish it on Wednesday when we go to a larger center, as I have an appointment there that day. Personally I would like to make things for family members, but not everyone is appreciative of my efforts.

I have my list of things to buy, but sometimes there are those couple of people who are hard to buy for. My brother-in-law is one of them. He is the type of guy who will buy something when he wants or needs it. This is why a Canadian Tire Gift Card is usually the choice for him...along with some little gag gift so I have something to wrap...in duct tape (hey, he started it).

As people have varied interests and home decor, it is sometimes difficult to shop for them. Also, being on a budget (like so many people are) can increase the limitations. I find gift cards to sometimes be the most practical for some people. Depending on the likes and interests (and how well you know the person), there are a few other gifts that may be suitable.

  • travel mugs
  • games
  • puzzle books
  • books
  • electronic gadgets
  • kitchen gadgets
  • car accessories such as floor mats, steering wheel covers, seat covers, emergency kits
  • rechargeable flashlights
  • CD's of their favorite music
  • tool sets
  • coffee or tea baskets
  • gardening supplies
  • craft supplies (this is nice for school aged children)
  • specialty calendars 
This is a small list of the items available, but should get the imagination going. I welcome any other ideas I may have missed. Please comment below if you have any other suggestions. 

Thanks and have a great day!

Diane

2 comments:

  1. Great Ideas. I'd like to add one more: Giving cards! Perfect for the HOliday Spirit! Check this out: http://www.givingbetter.org/giving-blog/give-giving-card-holiday-season

    ReplyDelete
  2. speters...that is a great idea! Thank you for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete