You will need:
4 chocolate cake mixes
2 cups of oil
2 pkg cream cheese (8 oz)
1 cup margarine
5 cups of icing sugar
- Mix the first 3 ingredients together by hand. (I found using the dough hooks with my stand mixer to work well.)
- Roll into balls and place on a metal baking sheet. (I did not have much luck using my stoneware pan for these; and that is all I usually use for cookies. Needless to say, the first dozen cookies were messed up.)
- Bake in a 350F oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and tap hot pan on the counter to flatten the cookies. Let cool slightly and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Mix the filling ingredients together.
- When the cookies are cool place a teaspoon full of filling between two cookies (flat sides together) and gently press together to spread filling.
- Hide cookies from the family until Christmas!