Monday 13 August 2012

Taking a Hiatus

I have been feeling rather stressed lately in terms of not getting "Cooking 101" out by this time, but have decided in order to make it better I really do need to have more time. Summer is always a busy time for me with the garden, helping my Dad and trying to keep on top of my own acreage work. We also sheared alpacas so I have fleece to process now, which will be a whole new experience for me.

In addition to the above, I am also in month number three of the HubPages Apprenticeship Program. It is a program in which I write articles, get paid for each one I submit and earn an additional ongoing revenue based on views. I am also learning more about choosing titles, using HP capsules and SEO. It is an intensive program which I am determined to complete; so in order to do so I have to put something on the back burner. Learning more about SEO will help with my books as well, so I feel the hiatus will be worth it.

My family and I are also taking a mini-vacation in less than a week to Jasper National Park. We have a cabin booked right up at Miette Hot Springs, which will be a nice treat for all of us. I am looking forward to some relaxation time; perhaps even do some writing just for me.

I will keep you all posted on the progress of the Homemaker Helper Series, but for the moment it is being put on hold. I will be working on it off and on; just not releasing any new books for a little while.

Stay tuned for posts on my Alpaca Fiber processing adventures; I will be trying my hand at carding, spinning and felting as soon as I get the proper equipment.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment